What is Dasharo
Dasharo is a set of productized services, Open Core, and SaaS products which help to provide scalable, modular, easy to combine Open Source BIOS, UEFI, and Firmware solutions. It offers the components that are needed to develop and maintain a high quality, and modular firmware, for the stability and security of your platform.
Dasharo is based on four modules:
- Security Module - features that make your hardware trustworthy
- Performance Module - hardware performance optimization features
- Compatibility Module - maintenance and compatibility features
- Marketing Module - brand awareness and customer value
Each module contains a set of features that can be added to your Dasharo product.
Why do you need Dasharo
There is no secure, high quality and widely compatible BIOS firmware technology solution that OEMs and ODMs can fully own.
- OEMs/ODMs have no control over their own firmware by being provided with closed source solutions of Independent BIOS Vendors (IBV).
- Pricing models are not flexible.
- The source code is not provided with open licenses.
- Testing results are not revealed and by that vendors do not provide any solid proof of the performance or security of their products.
- Software Bill of Materials is not disclosed. IBV does not provide solution details that may reveal components supply chain.
Dasharo provides flexibility within its pricing model:
- standard subscription model
- one-time payment model with OEM/ODM full ownership* for the majority of the components
Dasharo improves firmware supply chain transparency with open solutions for customers by providing:
- source code
- build environment
- build reproducibility
- full information about software components